Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Strangeness

As Niki climbs up one of the door frames in the hall I hear Mady's door open. I see Mady come out of her room and walk up to Niki and start tickling her. Then I hear Niki say, "I don't need your help to fall Mady, I can do it myself!"

Mady has been playing an online game involving horse breeding and raising. She had a couple of horses and one of them wasn't doing well. She claims she tried everything to help the horses health. In the end, she created a new account with new horses!

Ezra has been running around calling everything green...?

Pook has started calling me Mama. Everyone else calls me Mommy. It sounds very sweet.

We have had a busy week. We installed screen doors on the front and back door. I ripped up the hall carpet in preperation for new flooring. Someone flooded the bathroom again and I didn't feel like cleaning the carpet. It was easier to just rip up the carpet, it took 5 minutes. It would have taken me that long to fill up the steam cleaner with boiling water. I also began staining our kitchen cabinets yesterday. I had to stop sooner than I expected. There was an accident involving some stain and 2 little boys. I forgot to rinse the brush so I can't do any more work today until Dom brings me another brush.

We spent most of this week with friends. I think between Sunday and Thursday we had smores 3 times! Niki's favorite. It was an awesome week. I think each of us have met some great people this year and are all enjoying developing those relationships. I love the fact that we can see our friends whenever the mood strikes. We aren't restricted by school schedules. We can call our friends @ 9 or 10 and be @ there house by noon playing in the creek or jumping on the trampoline.

Cheers to future screen door slamming following the laughter of our kiddo's as they run through the house.

3 comments:

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

What a great week!

Mady, Kaylee, and I played that horse game while they were here, we had a blast!

RoniJoy said...

I love Niki's "falling" commnent! That is SO something my little Mr. E would say! :-)

And, I love your choice to rip up the carpet rather than cleaning it!

Another wonderful post, my dear!

Stephanie said...

My tot (three) started calling me Mama a few weeks ago.
I absolutely love it.
I think she does it mostly because she knows I like it so much. :)
Every spring and winter I am tempted to yank up the carpet in my livingroom. There is hardwood underneath. The only thing that stops me is that I can see that a couple of planks need replacing where I peel it back, and I won't know how bad it is until I actually rip up the whole thing. I don't wanna be caught in a "uh-oh" spot. >:o
So I don't dare. :)