Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Parachutes

So my dad emceed the dinner.
We tend to purchase each other cheap, silly gifts. This parachute man is one of Jessie's.We didn't think he parachuted very well...after several operations...and modifications...
and a tight wrap
he went up & came down much better but my reflexes were a little slower by then so I missed the shot.We rescued his lower half from the antsand we buried him @ sea.

The title of this post is a 2 for 1. It is about parachutes and the song actually makes me think of my family.

Do you ever do random, strange things with your family @ Sunday dinner? We usually do something silly almost every week. I suppose it has become so common place I just never think to post it. We just found out this afternoon that my mom's father passed away last night...ok Sunday night. I was taking a bit of time today to reflect on our local family. So these crazy moments are part of what makes our family what it is. I hope when the kids are older and have their own families they will carry on with the silliness. Love you guys.

3 comments:

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Poor parachute man! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Isn't it sad that it takes death to make us realize what we have?

Chrispy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, but glad you're able to temper sorrow with silliness!

Parachute man cracked me up. :)

RoniJoy said...

I love the weekly family silliness tradition!! Now THAT'S a tradition that is definitely worth passing on. :-)

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather.